Wednesday, April 20, 2011

House and Baby

I'll post pictures eventually, but not only did we find a house but we're all moved in! It's a cute little brick thing only a few miles from our old apartment and there wasn't anything that needed desperate repair besides the fuse box. Yes, that's how old it was, it was an actual fuse box. We had an electrician completely take it out and install a nice, big breaker box and that was the only thing that needed to happen. Dan did paint the walls in the two bedrooms and the living room. We also had brand new carpet installed because I suspect the previous carpet was older than we are. It was a lovely shade of orange (Dan called it "skinned Garfield") in the spots that weren't worn down (like where the previous owner's couch had been) and was coming up at the edges of the room. Now that the paint and carpet are done, we'll be unpacking and getting ready for the baby :)

I'm now in the middle of my 35th week. In two weeks, the baby will officially be considered "full term" but we still want him to stay in as long as he can. Sleeping more than 4 hours straight is pretty much impossible. I've definitely had Braxton Hicks Contractions for the last several weeks now, and I suspect that the baby has either dropped or is in the process of dropping. I've felt heavier and it's harder to walk because it's getting painful in the hip/pelvic area. I also had two separate people yesterday asked me if the baby dropped because it looked like I was carrying lower than usual. My next appointment is next week and I think that I start going every week after that. I do know for sure that they will be checking to see if I've dilated at all next week, which I'm kind of excited about but I have a feeling it will be annoying having it done every week.

We found out almost a month ago, that enrollment at the school where I work was down. They set a deadline to receive enrollments by and if it wasn't met then the school couldn't open in the fall. The number needed wasn't met, not even close. I had been undecided about going back because of the baby anyway, so that decision was made for me, but I empathize with the other teachers and students who have to uproot and move. I still have my part-time contracting job, so no matter what happens, I'll have that in the fall. We're hoping that Dan will be able to get a good full-time job (with or without benefits, we can get our own if necessary) so that I won't have to work unless it's just on his days off for extra cash.

And that's where we are right now. Today is the start of Easter Break at school, I don't have to go back until Tuesday, so it's a 5-day weekend XD I'll be spending the break unpacking and organizing as much as I can. I won't get much of a break and I didn't have one three weeks ago during Spring Break because that was when we moved into the house and that took all week. At least I'll be able to sleep in.