Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Blog Name

Flagpole is the official beginning of each day of camp. Two staff members get up on the stage with microphones and get the kids excited and wake them up by singing fun and easy songs. Today, the third day of camp, we sang "It Ain't Gonna Rain No More", which I had not heard before and had stuck in my head all day. When I looked for the lyrics we sang this morning online, I couldn't find them, but found lyrics that had the same tune and refrain (pretty close anyway). I thought the title of the song matched fairly well with my recent job change from the customer service industry to a summer camp, thus the name of my newest blog.

In case you were wondering, here are the lyrics I found (some of the others were actually pretty horrific about Mary and her little lamb...):
ARTIST: Trad and Anon
TITLE: It Ain't Gonna Rain No More, No More

{Refrain}
It ain't gonna rain no more, no more
It ain't gonna rain no more
How in the heck can I wash my neck
If it ain't gonna rain no more

Oh, a peanut sat on the railroad track
It's heart was all a-flutter
Around the bend came Number Ten
Toot! Toot! Peanut butter

{Refrain}

Oh, my uncle built a chimney
He built it up so high
He had to tear it down again
To let the moon go by!

{Refrain}

Oh, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck
If a woodchuck could chuck wood
If he held a saw in his little paw
A ton of wood he could

{Refrain}

Oh, it isn't going to rain anymore, anymore
It isn't going to rain anymore
The grammar's good, but what a bore
So we'll sing it like before

{Refrain}

A man laid down by the sewer
And by the sewer he died
And at the coroners inquest
They called it "sewercide"

{Refrain}

A rich man rides a taxi
A poor man rides a train
A bum he walks the railroad tracks
And he gets there just the same

{Refrain}

0 comments: