Monday, June 9, 2008

Trader Joe Insulated Bags = Good Value

Today I found out that I got more than my money's worth for my $2 Trader Joe insulated bag.

I've been using it to take my lunch to work in and for the most part, have only been taking water in my bottle from Old Navy (it's the plastic you couldn't shatter if you wanted to with the screw-on top) in the bag. Today, I decided to put soda in another version of the water bottle, one with a top that you can pop open in addition to screwing on. When I got to work, I had an interesting surprise: a large soda puddle in the bottom of my lunch bag. :-O
Lunch was fine, everything in there was in tupperware or ziploc sealed bags. I'm still not sure how the soda managed to escape but the bag was the real surprise. In addition to keeping cold food cold and hot food hot (not at the same time of course, that would be simply amazing!), this bag is also totally and completely liquid proof. There was absolutely no evidence of leakage on the outside of the bag and most importantly: not in my new car!!!

I was able to just dump the soda out, pour more water in, swish it around to get all the soda drops out, and then pour the water out again. I was also able to turn it completely inside out and stick outside in the 100+ degree heat of June in Maryland to dry. It may have dried in as quickly as ten minutes, but I actually went out to get it a half an hour later :-P

0 comments: