Thursday, May 7, 2009

Misc. After Midnight

I'd like to think that I can judge a movie by its trailer. I've been wrong about some, but most of the time I can tell whether or not I'll enjoy a movie based on the trailer.

Julie & Julia is no exception. I love Meryl Streep and Amy Adams both and I like the idea of this film in playing both their stories side-by-side. This film looks fantastic and I can't wait for it to come out.

I also like the idea of getting paid to blog, but I think then it would feel more like a chore or work. If I have to do something, it feels less enjoyable. I love to write, I always have, but I think getting paid for it would take away from whatever it is that I love about it. There's something cathartic about it, something that just makes me feel better afterward. Whether I'm writing a script (which I've been slacking on lately, I need to get myself back into that habit, but that takes away from the feeling...it's a perpetual circle of doom) or writing a journal entry for my eyes only, not only do I feel relieved but I also like being able to go back and look at what I had to say x number of days/years ago. It's like a time capsule, I can see who I was and where I was in my life when I look back on things I've written.

I'm still happy. Maybe even more so than the last time I wrote. I can't even begin to describe how happy I am about my life right now. Nothing's perfect, by any means, but I for the first time in a long time, I don't feel bad about myself, I don't worry about what I'll get in trouble for today, I don't wonder whether or not I'll get my paycheck this week. I'm looking at things so differently now. I'm happy to be in a place where I enjoy my co-workers, where there's an actual management structure, where I know exactly what's expected of me day-to-day and it's not unrealistic either, and I'm just all around happy. I haven't felt like this in a long, long time and it's way overdue.

0 comments: