Monday, March 9, 2009

UK hates me.

I don't mean the United Kingdom.

Several months ago, Dan brought home the full version of WoW, tha's right, World of Warcraft. In that time, we've both leveled at least one character to 80 (Dan's very close to getting his alt to 70, he's way ahead of me in that department) and have started doing lots of heroic dungeons with our guild (which consists of our real life friends who also play).

My main character is a hunter and there are many pieces of gear dedicated to making hunters awesome. Not that my hunter isn't already awesome, but she could definitely do better gear-wise. There is a crossbow that I have been coveting for weeks now, both Dan and our other friend who has a hunter have one and got theirs with no problem. I, on the otherhand, have been desperately trying to get it. It's dropped off the last boss of a dungeon called Utgarde Keep, and you have to run it on heroic (which just means you have to be level 80 to get in and the guys inside are all 80 or higher). My hunter friend was reading up on the crossbow and said that from what she read, it looks like it's suppose to drop 90% of the time. I say "suppose to drop" because I've now run the dugeon six times in effort to get the dang thing with no results.

A couple of weeks ago, I ran the dungeon with a group that was not our guild, the crossbow dropped before I realized how good it was for my character and how desperately I wanted it, and while I chose "need" over "greed" (which gives you priority) a warrior also chose "need" and won the roll. I didn't notice this until I was out of the dungeon because I had asked the group of it was ok with them if I chose "need" and they said yes, though the warrior said nothing, so I chose "need", someone said congrats, and we all left. It wasn't until I went to equip the crossbow that I realized what happened, the warrior had ninja'ed that sucker right out from under me and I've tried unsuccessfully since then to attempt to get it. I only run that dungeon with members from our guild now so that it doesn't happen again, especially not after six tries!

If you're not familiar with WoW, heroic dungeons can only be run once every so many hours, usually once a day. The dungeons reset themselves every 13ish hours, so unless all you do 24/7 is play WoW, realistically, you can get in there once a day, which is why it's taking me so long to get the crossbow and why I think UK hates me...

0 comments: