Sunday, October 31, 2010

Say "Hi" :)


I am completely and totally in love with this picture. Our first OB appointment went really well, I love my doctor (only been to her once before, I had recently switched). We could actually see the heartbeat on the sonogram, which was amazing. Then, when the above picture was taken, the baby was actually moving around like crazy! According to the doctor, everything looks really good, at the time of the appointment I was right around 10 weeks, which is right according to the baby's measurements and the date of my last period. With a heartbeat like we saw on the sonogram, and being farther than 8 weeks, I've passed a hurdle and now the chance of miscarriage is way, way down. That was a huge relief and we made the pregnancy "Facebook Official" when we got home after the appointment. My biggest fear with putting it on Facebook too early was that we'd announce it, then at the appointment couldn't see anything and have to re-announce that it wasn't a viable pregnancy. But that didn't happen, and Baby is looking happy and healthy so far!

Got some better prenatal vitamins, there's two pills, one is chewable and one you swallow, but since there's the chewable one, the one to swallow can be smaller. It's way better than what I had before, the chewable pill tastes like pop-tarts, which is awesome. My nausea seems to have dissipated for now, it went away Monday or Tuesday earlier this week. I woke up one day for work and didn't have any morning sickness like I'd had the last several weeks and it (knock on wood) hasn't come back yet. I'm hoping it stays away for good, but as far as symptoms go, it could have been way worse. My back hurts every day and I can't tell if it's related to hormone changes or the fact that my boobs are perpetually growing. I went out yesterday and bought bigger bras.

I went to Target and got whatever was on sale that was a size up from what I normally wear. I also wore my maternity dress for the first time yesterday, and it felt good. Partly because it was comfortable and partly because I can't wait to get into more maternity clothes and to start showing. I know at the end of the pregnancy, I'll probably be laughing at myself and wishing to have the baby so my stomach isn't so huge anymore. The new bras definitely make me more comfortable, which helps a whole lot, and I know the rest of the pregnancy will be all about comfort!

0 comments: